Easy 1-pot cooking
Vegetarian & vegan friendly
Antioxidants help skin glow
Fibre to get your insides in shape
Cabbage – it’s one of those things that reminds me of school dinners… and not in a good way. So I set to making it tasty! Here’s my top way to cook it. More cooking options to follow!
- 1 Fresh Red Cabbage
- 3 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Mixed Herbs (I tend to use fresh Rosemary from the garden as it’s always available but dried chilli, basil, oregano or your fave are just as good)
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Malt Syrup
- Himalayan Pink Salt
Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
Mix the Coconut Oil, Herbs, Garlic, Shredded Coconut & Rice Malt Syrup in a bowl.
Cut the cabbage into wedges around 6cm at the thick part of the wedge. Toss them in the Coconut Oil mixture & then arrange on a baking tray. Pour any remaining liquid over the cabbage and sprinkle with Himalayan Pink Salt to your liking (my linking = LOTS!).
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turn the wedges over and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the cabbage core is ‘al dente’. Remove from oven and serve with a fresh summer salad, warming rice in winter or with a bunch of other roasted veg.